Facial steaming is a simple self-care practice that helps clean your pores, is hydrating, and keeps your skin balanced. Adding herbs and flowers to the water nourishes and tones your skin. Adding the medicinal plants to the hot water releases their nutrient-rich aromatic oils, which is absorbed by your skin. The aromas are also relaxing and calming, all while treating your skin.
If you have acne-prone/oily skin or want to banish a blemish, facial steaming with astringent and toning herbs can help. An acne herbal facial tea can help balance face oil, help reduce pimples and blackheads by deeply cleansing the pores, and help the pores to tighten and contract. These herbs are good for balancing oily skin. Herbal teas for oily skin can help balance face oil and help cleanse the pores.
Our “BALANCE BOTANICAL FACIAL STEAM” is a gorgeous bouquet of vibrant, balancing, soothing and reparative botanicals for deep down pore purification and cellular hydration. Our bouquet consists of Yarrow, Greek Basil, Lavender, Nettle, Rosemary, Raspberry Leaf, Willow Bark, Juniper Berries and Burdock Root.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT FOR?
For those who wish to balance, mend and hydrate skin as well as eliminate pore-clogging debris and toxins at a deep level while also incorporating a bit of meditation time into their self-care ritual.
- Grab a big big towel and choose your spot. Comfort is key. In our opinion a bowl on a table is your best bet.
- Secure your hair so that it’s off your face and cleanse your first first. Don’t forget to cleanse your neck, too!
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a pot
- Add 2 tablespoons (around 4-5 gr) of herbs once the water begins to boil and stir.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 1 minute.
- After done simmering, leave covered to cool down for 3-5 minutes. You want the steam to be gentle, not burning hot. Just place the back of your hand on top of the steam. If it feels ok, then you’re good to go!
- Carefully pour mixture into a bowl.
- Have a seat, drape your towel over your head and the pot, cover all open corners, and hold your face 30cm above the water.
- Raise or lower your head for more or less heat and lift a corner of the towel to cool off if needed.
- Steam your face for 5 to 10 minutes.
AFTER CARE TIPS:
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry. Your skin will be extra sensitive, so you don’t want to irritate it by rubbing with a towel.
- Apply a moisturizing cream or serum. The effects of your moisturizer or serum will be enhanced after a steam, so use something that nourishes.
- Massage your face. What better way to end a relaxing face steam than with a gentle face massage? Use your fingers to gently massage your forehead, cheeks, and neck using upward strokes. Unless you have oily or sensitive skin, you can use a bit of facial oil to enhance your massage.
Our facial steam comes in a beautiful glass jar with a cork lid. Each package contains around 6 steams. This equals around €2,90 per steam