Camelina oil, also known as gold-of-pleasure oil or pleasure oil gold, is a golden or dark olive-colored oil with a nutty flavor as well as a rich herbaceous and green woody odor. It is extracted from raw camelina seeds through expeller pressing in which the seeds are crushed to collect the unrefined oil directly. Some benefits of this amazing oil:
- Contains essential fatty acids (EFAs) that are needed for making our skin healthier, maintaining proper skin functionalities, and treating various skin conditions.
- Being rich in EFAs, camelina oil offers excellent anti-inflammatory benefits. It provides a huge amount of omega-3 fatty acids to our skin, which helps in reducing inflammation as well as swelling while relieving and soothing the skin efficiently. The oil can treat inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, etc. by easing dryness, redness, itching, chafing, etc.
- Camelina oil creates a healthy barrier all over our skin in order to enhance its natural preventive properties.
- The high vitamin E (tocopherols) content of camelina oil offers very good protection to our skin against photo-oxidation.
- Camelina oil works as an effective emollient that hydrates the skin, restores its natural moisture, nourish it from inside, and makes it softer and smoother.